make/believe

Documenting the creative process of sisters Briana Linden (in Portland, Oregon) and Phaedra Elizabeth (in Brooklyn, New York). They've been working together for the past 27 years, since they met and became family when one was 7 and the other 5.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

i think i want to use this one. . .

i've been having a really hard time figuring out what i want to shoot and what i want to say in this whole process and last night it finally occurred to me that i've been going about this all wrong. i keep trying to photo things the way you do. since it's your show and your gallery and your the artist. and i finally realized thats why i feel mute.
i just finally thought, "no wonder i'm having such a hard time doing this the way Briana does, I'm not her."

it still amazes me that i have this whole little sister view of life. like we're still 6 and 8 and we're in the back yard and you made up a game and i'm trying to play along and follow the rules, because you're the big sister, you're the authority on imaginary games. or seemed to me for sure at the time.

i don't think i knew imaginary before i met you, at least i didn't know how to share it. it seems i still struggle with that.

anyway, i have this photo of you and Attila everywhere and i can't get enough of it. so i wanted to add it . . .

1 comment:

briana linden said...

Good, I'm glad. I was hoping you would get there, because I invited you because I like your work and your eye, and I wanted to know what our different aesthetics would look like together. I'm all for you going with it! Now (when you are in this place) take lots of pictures!
Love xoxo,
Sis