make/believe

Documenting the creative process of sisters Briana Linden (in Portland, Oregon) and Phaedra Elizabeth (in Brooklyn, New York). They've been working together for the past 27 years, since they met and became family when one was 7 and the other 5.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

art school comes to NY or welcome to NY Aubrey!

one of my favorite fellow photo majors (from my undergrad experience at PNCA) to sit for has recently moved to NY  for grad school in photography. so this last weekend, I sat for her again. it's been 7 or 8 years since she's photographed me. it was really cool to see her still working.  her stuff is still really amazing. it's inspiring to be in this space again, with art projects abounding, be they mine or someone else's. 

anyway, this was the floor from the shoot, my shoes, her shoes and her girlfriend/photo assistant's shoes with ribbons of my silk sewing scraps. . . . 

No comments: