make/believe

Documenting the creative process of sisters Briana Linden (in Portland, Oregon) and Phaedra Elizabeth (in Brooklyn, New York). They've been working together for the past 27 years, since they met and became family when one was 7 and the other 5.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

This is the person picture I was telling you about. I'd been thinking that I wanted to post images that were more universal and somehow by having a person in there it negated that. Of course, you can't see his face so I'm sort of sneaking it in there. Anyway, we both take lots of pictures of people, we document our family, we feel more comfortable behind the camera. Something I've always thought was lucky is that we're both photographers and somehow feel comfortable in front of each others lens. So there is a visual record of us, of us spontaneous or how someone else sees us, and not just through our own controlled documentation of ourselves...

No comments: