make/believe

Documenting the creative process of sisters Briana Linden (in Portland, Oregon) and Phaedra Elizabeth (in Brooklyn, New York). They've been working together for the past 27 years, since they met and became family when one was 7 and the other 5.

Monday, October 27, 2008

fear dress, done until portland.

i have a small confession. as much as i've been so cranky working on this project and as difficult as it proved to be to create this original idea of all these fears, the sewing part of all this, makes me feel like myself again. i was telling stephen yesterday the history of my sewing machines. it surprises me some times how long dress making has been a part of my life. but it's generally such a comfort, it's a much better way of life, then not sewing, not creating. 
i still feel like i have so much to learn, i have all those sleeves to conquer . . .

ps sorry for the poor image, tulle is really hard to focus on. ha ha ha, i didn't mean it like that.

No comments: