make/believe

Documenting the creative process of sisters Briana Linden (in Portland, Oregon) and Phaedra Elizabeth (in Brooklyn, New York). They've been working together for the past 27 years, since they met and became family when one was 7 and the other 5.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

map dresses

I didn't get quite as far on the map dresses as i thought i would last night. but i did decide to give them darts to help give them shape and to wire the seams.

and they are a weird minature. the arm holes turned out really small, but the bodies aren't super small. i'm debating about sewing in some tuck pleats to make them more proportional. tonight i'll photo at least one and post it so you can see.

I do like the wiring in the seams, i am pretty sure i can do this and still pack them up and bring them with me. I'm not forseeing much sleep friday night.

in other thoughts, woke up this morning with panic that the photo printing place might send my prints to me here and not remember that you are picking them up together, must now send neurotic email it Phil. cheers.

1 comment:

Phaedra Elizabeth said...

and now i can rest assured, Phil was very nice with my neurotic email. the prints are fine.

oy.