make/believe

Documenting the creative process of sisters Briana Linden (in Portland, Oregon) and Phaedra Elizabeth (in Brooklyn, New York). They've been working together for the past 27 years, since they met and became family when one was 7 and the other 5.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

biological memories

do you remember this?

a few years, maybe 4, after the divorce i learned that our bodies store our memories in our cells, throughout our bodies, in our muscles and stuff.

i reasoned that our shared history, growing up together and having so many shared memories stored in our cells made us a biological family.

i thought of this today because i've been doing so much hot yoga, with all the stretching and sweating, my body feels so different. happier and healthier. but my mind and my feelings are running all over my life. today my emotions are about 5.

i wanted to stay home sick today . . . just hang out at 5. . .

maybe tomorrow . . .

No comments: