make/believe

Documenting the creative process of sisters Briana Linden (in Portland, Oregon) and Phaedra Elizabeth (in Brooklyn, New York). They've been working together for the past 27 years, since they met and became family when one was 7 and the other 5.

Monday, June 2, 2008

timid

i'll admit my nervousness is directly proportional to my excitement.  

forgive me if this sounds to nostalgic, but it is the same as the day i met Briana. it was spring in portland and i was five. more then anything i wanted to make friends with this new sister in my new spontaneous family. timid and oddly shy, i had no idea how to begin. . .  much like now. . .

there have been thoughts of this running around before, our work with familial themes,  doing something collaborative. my first thought was wondering if this would work with the dresses that keep asking to be made, do they fit into this conversation? yes. yes, when a dress comes into mind, this is where she comes to fruition. 

for this show i am excited to explore this, from here and from there.

2 comments:

briana linden said...

beginnings are hard. now that we've begun...
i have to admit, i can't wait to see what happens.

Phaedra Elizabeth said...

me too.

also, that is one of my favorite pictures of us. . .