make/believe

Documenting the creative process of sisters Briana Linden (in Portland, Oregon) and Phaedra Elizabeth (in Brooklyn, New York). They've been working together for the past 27 years, since they met and became family when one was 7 and the other 5.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

i've been thinking so much about romance since you mentioned it last week. 

i was always the romantic one. 

once when i was 18 i was talking to a friend of mine who was about 30 at the time. he struggled with depression and ghosts of his life. and i said, "maybe if you sleep on your side all the rocks will fall out of you head".

i miss that romantic optimism, that it could be so easy to let things go.

interestingly, no one here sees me lacking romanticism. it's my romanticism that makes me the wedding dress maker. and it's this romanticism that also makes me the wedding photographer. last night i was given Quinn, a Nikon D40x, in exchange for being my dear friends wedding photographer.

it amazes me too that you are being covered in rain there. we are still sweltering. and the summer rain here gives no relief, it leaves the air heavier then it finds it. have fun while you are way, i will miss you.

i bought epsom salt today, later i will try turning my bathtub into a mini cool salty ocean. . .


No comments: