make/believe

Documenting the creative process of sisters Briana Linden (in Portland, Oregon) and Phaedra Elizabeth (in Brooklyn, New York). They've been working together for the past 27 years, since they met and became family when one was 7 and the other 5.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

drawing

shoes on the brain.

i came home from work to draw tonight and instead napped.

there is a slight shade of shyness mixed with fear? that makes drawing really hard to start and so easy to walk away from.

but there is so much in my head that wants out! so many drawings. of everything. not only shoes. but all the feelings that don't have names, the dreams i can't say aloud.

this place is odd to me. i've fixed myself in the middle, between what i want and not wanting to find myself disappointed.

it might be called stuck. but i think i most knowingly placed myself here. 

i don't like to know it any more.

No comments: